Post by Steve Jordan on Jan 8, 2014 20:23:49 GMT
Full Name: Steve Martin Jordan
Codename: Kid Lantern
Team affiliation: Justice League
Place of birth: Graxos IV
City/Base of Operations: Coast City
Image of character or description (one to two paragraphs, in as much detail as you can manage, please):
- Weight: 195lbs
- Height: 5' 8"
- Hair color/length/style: Blond, short and cropped, kept in regulation.
- skin color/complexion: Golden
- scars/tattoos/identifying marks: Has two, elf-like ears that come to a point and extend over his head.
Father: Hal "Green Lantern" Jordan
Mother: Arisia "Green Lantern" *Rrab* Jordan
(Two to three paragraphs in length. List temperament, likes and dislikes, as well as any 'quirks' character may have)
Steve is the best and worst of his parents, much like any other person. He loves to fly and can be very cocky, almost to the point of arrogance, just like his father. He has his mother's sharp tounge and temper, making him usually the first to throw a punch on anyone whom he assumes is insulting him or someone he cares for. He is a ladies man, flirting with any beautiful girl his eyes happen to fall upon, and more times than not he success in getting a date, whether she is single or not. He is loyal to the Corps, and those who have earned his trust, a difficult feat to accomplish.
Unlike his parents however, Steve is more cautious on the battle field, never going out without a plan. As well as atleast two backup plans to boot. He is also more open to listening to the ideas and opinions of others, and may chose to follow others rather than going off on his own, making him easier to work with on missions. He also likes to study prior battles, as he believes in the saying "those who forget history's mistakes, are doomed to repeat them". He is known for having his ring on him at all times, even while flying, just incase he needs it. It is also because of his cautious side, that he chooses to train his body in several styles of martial arts, both from Earth, as well as other cultures and worlds. He is a master of various Thanagarian styles, taught to him by Senior Lantern Isamot Kol.
He believes strongly in the Corps' mission to promote and enforce justice around the universe, and would follow the senior Lanterns into Hell and back if they asked him. He views all the older Lanterns as Icons, and loves to sit and hear their old war stories when he can, so when he is on Oa, he likes to spend a lot of time reading the Book of Oa. This makes it difficult to speak against any of them, even when they have debates. Still, if he has reason to believe they are wrong, he will speak up. This evidence has to been very heavy, and indisputable, like was in the case of Thal Sinestro's taking over his home planet and turning it into a dictatorship.
Powers: (Try not to go OP with this)
- Regeneration. After suffering a mortal or fatal injury, Steve will enter a death-like coma to regenerate missing limbs, or heal any injury short of a destroyed heart, brain, or missing head.
- List item 2
- List item 3
Weaknesses: (Must have ATLEAST 3, and ATLEAST 1 MUST BE FATAL)
- Yellow Impurity. As he has yet to overcome ALL of his fears, Steve's ring is still vulnerable to the color Yellow.
- Regeneration limit. If is brain or heart were to be destroyed, Steve would instantly parish. Same if his head were to be removed from his body.
- Magic. Due to his lack of exposer and knowledge of the arts, he is vulnerable to magic.
Skills: (Languages, fighting styles and level, things that differ from powers and can be learned)
- Flight. Like his father and grandfather, Steve is an avid pilot, who loves to fly any and every chance he gets. He has been trained in the operation of nearly all manner of air and space craft. He is considered on par with his father in this regard.
- Master Mechanic. Knowing that the best mechanics make the best pilots, Steve does everything from chance the oil to rebuilding the engines of his own personal airplanes, aswell as any others he can work on. He trained in this area on his own, under the supervision of Tom
- Indomible will. Not as strong as his father's, but still considered worthy of the ring, none the less. Like every other Green Lantern, Steve went through the six month long bootcamp, and earned his Green Lantern ensign
- Excellent Hand to hand fighter. Has mastered several styles of martial arts, from different worlds and cultures, and trained by the best teachers, from Green Lantern Isamot Kol, to Connor Hawke. He maynot be at Lady Shiva's level, but he is determined to be the best and reach that level. Known styles are as listed: American Karate, American Kick Boxing, and a Thanagarian style similar to Shaolin Kung-Fu.
Weapons and mission or battle equipment: (Beside every piece of equipment, please list a brief description of what said device can do, and what it looks like/is made of)
- A Oan Power Ring and Battery. The ring is powered by the wearer's imagination and will power. A list of it's functions and abilities can be found here: dc.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Lantern_Ring
[li]A JLA communicator
- List item 3
History: (Must be atleast three paragraphs long, include how character's parents met, how long until character was concived, a paragraph describing character's childhood, and where they are today, what they are doing, and why)
Hal Jordan was never known for long lasting relationships, but after a one night stand with his former lover and fellow Green Lantern Arisia Rrab resulted in her becoming pregnant, Hal knew he had to change. Although he wasn’t ‘in love’ with her, he wanted to be a part of his child’s life. With that desire, Hal took a leave of absence form the Corps and moved to Graxos IV to be with Arisia and their unborn child, leaving Earth to Simon Baz and John Stewart, while giving the reigns of leadership of the Corps to Kilowog. Thirteen months later, a quick birth for a Graxonite, Arisia gave birth to a healthy baby boy.
The child, who Hal would name Steven Martin (after both his friend Steve Trevor and his father respectively and not the comedian), was soon the toast of the entire Corps, blue, indigo, and green. Even the Starsapphires sent gifts to the new parents. Everyone seemed happy for them, especially Hal’s teammates in the Justice League and Justice League of America, the latter being a surprise to both Hal and Arisia. Although he would visit both Earth and Oa regularly, Steve spent most of the first four years of his life on Graxos IV, before moving to Earth so that he would become accustomed to it’s cultures and way of life, as Hal intended for his son to take up the mantal as Green Lantern from him at some point. This put a great pressure on his shoulders that Hal hadn’t foreseen.
When he was sixteen, Hal gave Steve a training ring, and spend hours every day, teaching his son how to use the ring in both combat and non-combat situations, as well as showing him hours of footage that his own ring had recorded of his adventures as a Green Lantern. His parents wanted him to be prepared to face any threat, just as they were expected to do. Once he mastered the ring’s functions to his parent’s satisfaction, no small feat, he was allowed to accompany them on Earth based missions, as Kid Lantern. This went on until Steve’s 18th birthday, when Steve was summoned to Oa, to begin Bootcamp training. This took six months, and was the hardest six months of his life. After he earned his Lantern ensigna, Steve was given the choice of sector to patrol. 2813, or 2814. He chose both. Because of the high number of Lanterns in 2814, and the low crime rate of 2813, his request was granted. He was recently invited to join the Justice League, to which he accepted, as a reserve member.
Name on Chat board: GLP
Time RPing online/experience: Too long to mention
How did you learn of this site: Made it
Other characters you play: Sarah Rogers